NSW Licensee training course
NSW Government Approved
This applies to anyone applying for a new liquor licence from 1 September 2018, while existing licensees will be required to complete from 1 April 2019 as their NSW RSA competency falls due.
Trainees must have a current RSA competency card and have sufficient English literacy, and be able to read and write in English.
About our face to face class
- Live Class room environment
- 7 – 8 hours including assessment
- Training Centre in the Inner West, close to public transport
- Interim certificate emailed on the day upon succesful completion of the course
- NSW RSA renewal is automatic
- NSW RCG renewal (requires short online refresher course)
Allies Training Centre is approved to deliver the training for Licensee Training in NSW.
Allies Training NSW Liquor Licensee course enables you to meet liquor licence requirements to become a successful and compliant licensee, approved manager or club secretary.
- It is suitable for those working in a variety of industries including hotels, packaged liquor, clubs and small bars.
- It allows you to contribute to the safety of your local community as you manage a responsible and professional hospitality business.
- It is endorsed by Liquor and Gaming NSW, and the NSW Liquor Administration Board.
- You will learn about liquor regulation, managing your liquor licence, your responsibilities to manage alcohol related harms, best practice strategies to prevent alcohol related harms and compliance and enforcement.
To undertake this training, it is COMPULSORY that students:
- Bring photo ID on the day. This could be a driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- You must be able to read and write in English. If you have difficulty, we recommend you call us before making a booking.
- Have a current valid RSA competency card. If you do not have a valid RSA card that is current, we have course dates here.
firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9557 7466.
- Can I do this course without an RSA?
You must have a valid RSA card. If you do not have a valid RSA card, you can book for the RSA course here.
- I did my RSA, but it has expired. Can I still do this course?
You must have a valid RSA card.
- How will the training day look like?
Training will be approximately 6.5 hours (incl. break). You will have a theory component, practical component, then an assessment at the end of the day. Once you have completed the course, you will receive your interim via email or printed on the day.
- Are you accredited?
Yes! We are approved under Liquor and Gaming NSW to run both the RSA and RCG courses. All our trainers are also approved, with extensive experience in the industry. We assure you, that you will have a great learning experience!
Course Work Flow
Sign Up & Get Started
Complete your course face to face
Free RSA renewal included
Understand the relevant liquor laws and regulations that impact you as a licensee
Understand the consequences of non-compliance and what that means for you as a licensee
Licensee training is for most licensees, approved managers and club secretaries. The course covers a variety of topics designed to support you to:
- Understand the relevant liquor laws and regulations that impact you as a licensee
- Know your responsibilities in managing your NSW liquor licence
- Understand your responsibilities as a licensee to manage alcohol-related harms in your business
- Implement best practice strategies for your business to improve operations
- Understand the consequences of non-compliance and what that means for you as a licensee
NSW Department of Liquor & Gaming legislation will require most venues selling alcohol to the public for consumption on and off the premises to hold an approved NSW Licensee Certificate. Training for the NSW Licensee Certificate is mandatory for most registered managers and must be completed through an approved training provider.
Completing the course successfully will result in an automatic renewal of a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) endorsement on the recognised competency card.
We are proud members of the Restauring & Catering Association since 2022.
R&CA delivers tangible outcomes to small businesses within the hospitality industry by influencing the policy decisions and regulations that impact the industry.
R&CA is committed to ensuring the industry is recognised as one of excellence, professionalism, profitability and sustainability. This includes advocating to Government at a Federal, State and Local level about the broader social and economic contribution of the sector to industry and government stakeholders, as well as highlighting the value of the restaurant experience to the public.
If you fail to
- Cancellations less than 7 days will receive not refund. Full course fee must be paid for future courses. Cancellations after the course date will not be valid, full fee must be paid for future courses.
For more refund information, contact us or please refer to pages 10 and 11 of the student handbook. 7 day written notice is required for cancellations.
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…
John has been involved in the security industry for 15 years. During this time he was employed as a security operations manager…