Provide responsible gambling services
Course Code: SITHGAM001
The Provide responsible gambling services is available for those who wish to work in venues which have gaming machine related functions in NSW. This can include venues like pubs, clubs and hotels. Allies Security is an approved RTO under Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Trainees must have sufficient English literacy, and be able to read and write in English.
Allies Training Centre is approved to deliver the accredited, nationally recognised unit SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services.
- This course is suitable for those working in a variety of industries. This course teaches you the skills and knowledge required to ensure correct conduct in providing responsible gambling services.
- It is endorsed by Liquor and Gaming NSW
- You will learn about responsible service strategies, the legal obligations of staff, including management and hoteliers, in providing responsible conduct of gambling.
- RCG competency card is valid for 5 years
To undertake this training, it is COMPULSORY that students:
- Bring photo ID on the day. This could be a driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- You must be able to read and write in English. If you have difficulty, we recommend you call us before making a booking.
- Be at least 15 years old to do the course – however you can only be working in the industry once you are 18.
firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9557 7466.
- How long is the RCG interim certificate valid for?
90 days. Within those 90 days you must go to Service NSW to take a phot for your RSA photo card, which will be mailed to you. The card once arrived is valid for 5 years.
- How will the training day look like?
Training will be approximately 6.5 hours (incl. break). You will have a theory component, practical component, then an assessment at the end of the day. Once you have completed the course, you will receive your interim via email or printed on the day.
- Are you accredited?
Yes! We are approved under Liquor and Gaming NSW to run both the RSA and RCG courses. All our trainers are also approved, with extensive experience in the industry. We assure you, you will have a great learning experience!
- Why should I do an RCG course?
- This course is a legal requirement for staff that are working or seeking employment in gambling areas of licensed premises, including hotels and clubs.
- It provides the skills and knowledge required to identify the impact of problem gambler on the community and how to deal with the problems associated with excessive gambling.
- You will learn how to minimize harm from gambling, using discretion, judgment and teamwork.
Course Work Flow
Sign Up & Get Started
Complete your course face to face
Describe the context of gambling in NSW.
The course has been designed to satisfy the requirements of clause 51 of the Gaming Machines Regulation 2002. It requires all secretaries of registered clubs with gaming machines, all hoteliers with gaming machines, and employees of registered clubs and hotels whose duties include gaming machine activities to have completed a Responsible Conduct of Gambling course approved by the Casino, Liquor & Gaming Control Authority.Responsible provision of gambling services is an essential underpinning skill for all hospitality personnel involved in the sale and service of gambling activities in licensed premises, including the licensee, gaming supervisors and gaming managers when involved in operational gambling activities.
If you fail to
- bring appropriate photo identification on the day you will not be eligible for a refund – you will have to reschedule your course, paying full course fee again.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours will receive not refund. Full course fee must be paid for future courses. Cancellations after the course date will not be valid, full fee must be paid for future courses.
For more refund information, contact us or please refer to pages 10 and 11 of the student handbook. 48 hour written notice is required for cancellations.
Meet the Trainers
Chris has been involved with Allies Security as a First Aid trainer for a number of years. He has served in the Australian army…
Imran has been involved in the security industry for the past 15 years. He commenced his career as a security officer…
John has been involved in the security industry for 15 years. During this time he was employed as a security operations manager…