Provide responsible gambling services
Course Code: SITHGAM001
The Provide responsible gambling services is available for those who wish to work in venues which have gaming machine related functions in NSW. This can include venues like pubs, clubs and hotels. Allies Security is an approved RTO under Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Trainees must have sufficient English literacy, and be able to read and write in English.
From $149 (Inc. Card Fee)
Liquor and Gaming NSW Approved Courses
Allies Training Centre is approved to deliver the accredited, nationally recognised unit SITHGAM001 – Provide responsible gambling services.
- This course is suitable for those working in a variety of industries. This course teaches you the skills and knowledge required to ensure correct conduct in providing responsible gambling services.
- It is endorsed by Liquor and Gaming NSW
- You will learn about responsible service strategies, the legal obligations of staff, including management and hoteliers, in providing responsible conduct of gambling.
- RCG competency card is valid for 5 years
To undertake this training, it is COMPULSORY that students:
- Bring photo ID on the day. This could be a driver’s license, passport or photo ID.
- You must be able to read and write in English. If you have difficulty, we recommend you call us before making a booking.
- Be at least 15 years old to do the course – however you can only be working in the industry once you are 18.
The closest train station is Sydenham Train station, a 5-10 minute walk. We also have a range of bus stops near by as well.
If coming by car, there is free all day street parking surrouding us.
how to get here
- How long is the RCG interim certificate valid for?
90 days. Within those 90 days you must go to Service NSW to take a phot for your RSA photo card, which will be mailed to you. The card once arrived is valid for 5 years.
- How will the training day look like?
Training will be approximately 6.5 hours (incl. break). You will have a theory component, practical component, then an assessment at the end of the day. Once you have completed the course, you will receive your interim via email or printed on the day.
- Are you accredited?
Yes! We are approved under Liquor and Gaming NSW to run both the RSA and RCG courses. All our trainers are also approved, with extensive experience in the industry. We assure you, you will have a great learning experience!
- Why should I do an RCG course?
- This course is a legal requirement for staff that are working or seeking employment in gambling areas of licensed premises, including hotels and clubs.
- It provides the skills and knowledge required to identify the impact of problem gambler on the community and how to deal with the problems associated with excessive gambling.
- You will learn how to minimize harm from gambling, using discretion, judgment and teamwork.
Course Work Flow
Want to know more?
For course dates please see the booking calendar above.
- You will need to have basic English language and literacy skills to complete this course successfully. There are no other pre-requisites
- As part of the course, you will be required to complete practical demonstrations of CPR on dummies. It is advisable that you wear comfortable clothing.
- Visit our head office – come to our office to complete the booking documents mentioned in the entry requirements section and to receive the pre-course study manual.
- Contact us – give our office a call to secure a booking on your chosen course! Your booking documents and study manual will be sent to you via email. You must fill these out yourself and bring them with you on the first day of the course
- Book online NOW! – use our quick and easy online booking process to book your seat in one of our courses. Your booking documents and study manual will then be sent to you via email.
- We will help you find employment after you have finished the course with us, by referring you to industry employers. We also provide one on one interview training and preparation, resume writing etc
- Modern training facilities
- Close to public transport
- Competitive prices and good value for money
- Recommended by others; see our Testimonials/ Google and Facebook Reviews
- Great learning experience and great friends made
- Friendly support throughout your course
- Exceptional training at affordable prices
The course has been designed to satisfy the requirements of clause 51 of the Gaming Machines Regulation 2002. It requires all secretaries of registered clubs with gaming machines, all hoteliers with gaming machines, and employees of registered clubs and hotels whose duties include gaming machine activities to have completed a Responsible Conduct of Gambling course approved by the Casino, Liquor & Gaming Control Authority.Responsible provision of gambling services is an essential underpinning skill for all hospitality personnel involved in the sale and service of gambling activities in licensed premises, including the licensee, gaming supervisors and gaming managers when involved in operational gambling activities.
If you fail to
- bring appropriate photo identification on the day you will not be eligible for a refund – you will have to reschedule your course, paying full course fee again.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours will receive not refund. Full course fee must be paid for future courses. Cancellations after the course date will not be valid, full fee must be paid for future courses.
For more refund information, contact us or please refer to pages 10 and 11 of the student handbook. 48 hour written notice is required for cancellations.
Allies Security Training Center Handbook
Positive: Communication , Professionalism , Quality I recently attended a White Card course with Allies Security Services. The course was run professionally with a very experienced instructor.... Load more
Positive: Communication , Professionalism , Quality , Value Completed my white card training with Allies yesterday. Even though it was being carried out online, Imran made... Load more
I run a Holiday Park covering all areas of the white card so I needed to be upto date with the latest laws. My experience with this company was of... Load more
Imran was helpful, concise and to the point in his teaching. Couldn't have asked for more from an instructor
They are friendly and helpful.